Your new company
My client is a technology company that is a real leader across the mobile, fixed and cloud networks. They are a European company that is committed to building a more productive, sustainable and inclusive world. As the business is growing, their licensing team is now looking for a new member to join their team here in Hong Kong.
Your new role
Your key responsibilities will be to coordinate patent licensing programs, negotiating, and closing licensing agreements. You will also play a key role in developing and managing various licensing programs to ensure business continuity and processes that are central for the licensing business to achieve its business targets.
Key tasks and responsibilities:
- Applies deep domain expertise in innovating and implementing new patent licensing opportunities and business models to create sustainable competitive advantage. Supports in identifying high-value licensing market opportunities, and those of strategic impact.
- Support market and product direction while developing new and innovative business models.
- Demonstrates strategic thinking and a broad business perspective in order to design and develop projects and content relevant for our patents, product and services business.
- Influences business strategy to address internal or external business and regulatory issues.
- Sets goals for key licensing programs and for customer engagement plans to deliver recurring revenue and manage Licensing team cost performance.
- Is a lead negotiator and closes licensing deals while taking into account strategy and business goals of the company.
- Is responsible for high quality of processes and standards. Is recognized as a thought leader within the organizational unit.
- Supports organization in achieving business goals and targets. Ensures that working environment encourages innovation.
- Supports Patent Licensing managers in development of predictable risks and complexity.
What you'll need to succeed
- 12+ years of relevant work experience. Extensive experience in licensing is considered an asset.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience. Master’s degree in Business, Law or technical education preferred.
- Able to influence direction, strategy and operation of the Licensing team.
- Skills in influencing and maintaining an open and cooperative atmosphere.
- Strong project management skills.
- Thinks and acts creatively in order to develop and apply new innovative approaches to complex problems.
- Senior licensing professional with global responsibility and expertise in patent licensing business.
- Proved reputation and connections in relevant industries, such as telecommunication, consumer electronics, IoT, automotive etc.
- Able to work with high degree of independence within agreed targets.
- Excellent negotiation skills. Ability to handle complex situations, yet translate those results to easily digestible messages, communications, and presentations.
- Ability to listen, understand and share customer needs.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' or for further information and a confidential discussion on this role or to find out about more opportunities in the in-house legal space, please contact Adrian Lam at Hays on +852 2230 7432 or email email@example.com.