Your new company
Our new client is one of the largest Chinese Banks, they have a strong existence is Asia. They are now looking for a team head for Liquidity Risk management & Interest Rate Risk.
• Maintain and review the Branch’s Interest Rate Risk and Liquidity Risk Management policies to ensure its compatibility with the Group / Branch’s business strategies & risk appetite
• Translate management / business strategies into executable and effective actions via pro-active analysis on workflow and risk management process and advisory on any improvements.
• Implement local and group Interest Rate Risk and Liquidity Risk Management policies and provide independent risk analysis / advisory and regulatory update to the management.
• Work closely with and be a key coordinator with branch Finance, Treasury and group Balance Sheet Risk Management in resolving daily and/or ad- hoc Interest Rate Risk and Liquidity Risk management issues and negotiating with internal or external counterparts independently.
• Independently be responsible for projects and Basel III / regulatory related issue(s), particularly on the new liquidity risk management requirements under Basel III (i.e. LCR / NSFR).
• Share best market practice and be knowledgeable about market practitioners on issue relating to interest rate & liquidity risk.
• Help mentoring and coaching of risk management team members.
• Implement the Branch’s Interest Rate Risk and Liquidity Risk stress test programme with regular review on suitability and appropriateness of methodologies, parameters and scenario settings.
• Carry out any Interest Rate Risk, Liquidity Risk and other related risk management duties as from time to time assigned by the Senior Management.
• Minimum 8 years’ experience in the banking industry preferably with relevant experience in Asset Liability Management (ALM), liquidity risk Management and/or interest rate & liquidity risk regulatory reporting.
• Accounting background / knowledge would be a bonus.
• Relevant professional qualifications such as CPA, CFA or FRM will be preferred
• Hand-on experience in various systems such as accounting, ALM and Treasury system; and good written and spoken English
• Microsoft Office Tools Skills (including Excel, Power-point, Words, etc)
• Good understanding and experience in Basel II/III particularly in liquidity risk management
• Good accounting knowledge, including related systems and applications.
What you'll get in return
Attractive Remuneration Package
3+ months Discretionary Bonus
Harmonious Working Environment
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV to Natalie Choi, or call me at +852 2230 7485 now.
If this job isn't quite right for you, but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.#1253236