Your new company
We are partnering with a leading company in Supply Chain Management to look for their GM to continuous their growth in Trade Lane and their global network. They have a strong global presence and is specialised in international transport, project loading, logistics and customs. They are positioned in the Top 50 freight forwarders worldwide with over 80 staffs in Hong Kong.
Your new role
- Execute the strategic agent development plan.
- Coordinate and assist product development with existing strategic agents.
- Expand the network to cover markets and services that are aligned with company strategy.
- Manage agent claims and propose corrective measures.
- Help to organise a global agents’ even.
- Travel overseas to visit agents or attend network events when necessary.
- Organise agenda to receive agents.
- Generate agent sales reports and distribute them to the relevant parties as assigned by management.
- Set up monthly meetings with global network team and follow up with action plan.
- Ensure that the agreed SOPs and agent requirements are followed.
- Discuss with business development team to address specific customer problems and enquiries.
- Coordinate shipment and pricing (if needed) for agents and direct clients of network development team and liaise closely with operations teams to provide first class service to agents.
- Assist Branch offices and generate ad-hoc quotations to agents whenever required.
- Use in-house customer management tool (FQP or new tools) to create and maintain agent profiles and quotations, log and monitor all sales lead activities, and assist to create sales leads in FQP to appropriate parties overseas.
- Administer and maintain agent network directory.
- Prepare Powerpoint presentations such as sales kits, country presentations etc.
- Assist in the documentation and processes when opening new accounts.
- Promote communication and good relations between agents and your company.
What you'll need to succeed
- Degree in business or other related disciplines.
- Minimum 10 years of work experience in logistics or freight forwarding industry.
- Great networker and able to establish good relationships with partners.
- Proactive and creative personality.
- Detail-minded and able to handle multiple tasks and work independently.
- Willing and able to travel.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you, but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.