Your new company
Our client is a regional bank based in Hong Kong that is seeking a highly motivated lawyer to join their Legal team of 8. The successful candidate will be responsible for supporting the bank's application for various new licenses with the Securities and Futures Commission (SFC) in Hong Kong whilst handling some general commercial legal matters.
Your new role
- Support the bank's application for licenses with the SFC, including but not limited to Type 1, 2, 4, 6, and 9 licenses.
- Liaise with senior management, business units, and external counsel to ensure that the bank's applications are prepared and submitted in a timely and efficient manner.
- Provide legal advice and support to the bank's business units on licensing and regulatory matters.
- Monitor changes in SFC regulations and provide updates to the bank's management and business units.
- Conduct legal research and provide legal opinions on licensing and regulatory matters.
- Assist the Legal team in other legal matters as needed.
- Qualified lawyer in Hong Kong with at least 3-5 years of post-qualification experience in financial services, preferably with experience in SFC licensing applications.
- Strong knowledge of Hong Kong securities and futures regulations, including the SFO and the SFC Code of Conduct.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to work effectively with colleagues across different functions and levels.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, with the ability to think strategically and provide practical solutions to complex legal issues.
- Fluency in English and Chinese (Cantonese and Mandarin) is essential.
- Experience in a financial institution or law firm is a plus.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' or for further information and a confidential discussion on this role or to find out about more opportunities in the in-house legal space, please contact Adrian Lam at Hays on +852 2230 7432 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.