Your new company
Our client is a newly set up PE / VC Fund that is looking to expand their global footprint hence looking for their first lawyer to join their team serving as the Head of Legal & Compliance. This role will have senior management responsibilities from day one whilst reporting to the Managing Director and work very closely with all of the senior stakeholders in the business.
Your new role
What you'll need to succeed
- Reporting to the Managing Directly and working closely with senior management on legal and compliance governance aspects of the Group’s business and providing risk assessments and solutions
- Champion legal and regulatory compliance of the Group’s activities and the protection of its interests
- Advise on a variety of commercial, corporate, regulatory matters including:
- cross-border investments,
- private equity,
- financing (structured, real estate secured & unsecured retail),
- corporate borrowing and debt issuance,
- intellectual property matters, and
- commercial litigation
- Respond to non-ordinary course regulatory inquiries
- Source, manage, co-ordinate external counsel using sound cost control measures
- Assess and benchmark appropriate governance structures, internal regulatory, documentary control and legal compliance processes for the Group
- Manage corporate legal team
- Own and coordinate robust legal and compliance policies for the Group
What you need to do now
- Minimum 12 years post qualification, preferably Commonwealth, US or Hong Kong qualified
- Experience gained from reputable international law firms, fund houses, investment management and banks/ financial institutions will be viewed favorably, covering a wide variety of practice areas
- Collaborative, independent thinking, flexible, and with high integrity
- Attention to detail, intellectual curiosity and strong analytical skills with ability to provide practical advice relating to complex contractual and regulatory matters.
- Collegiate with excellent communication and stakeholder management skills; and ability to provide constructive challenge to colleagues and partners.
- Ability to be proactive, solutions driven and flexible to changing priorities and deadlines with a proven track record of meeting tight deadlines.
- Highly motivated and result-oriented personality with the ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment with minimal supervision.
- Fluency in English and Chinese (Cantonese and Putonghua)
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' or for further information and a confidential discussion on this role or to find out about more opportunities in the in-house legal space, please contact Adrian Lam at Hays on +852 2230 7432 or email email@example.com. #1243631