Your new company
My client is a leading multinational Insurance company providing a wide range of financial products and services such as property-casualty insurance, life & savings, and asset management.
Your new role
What you'll need to succeed
- Work closely with IT teams and other business stakeholders to deliver database administration related technology services which meets project needs and in compliance
- Overall owner for all Data Management applications
- Oversight of Data Management requirements gathering, analysis and clarification
- Overall owner of design of Data Management components including Data Models, ETL, MDM and Data storage systems (including non-functional design)
- Key contact for engagement of Data Management vendors deliver to ensure delivery of high-quality Regional Data Solutions
- Actively monitor the delivery life cycle and manage scope, schedule, quality and cost.
- Oversee Data Quality review, definition of validation rules and exception handling
- Lead Performance Tuning on DB server and SQL tuning and across different Data technologies
- Provide Production Support for DB related problems
- Review and signoff functional and technical designs and specifications
- Review test scope, test approach, and test strategies related to Data Management
- Work with vendor and internal teams to plan and complete production implementation
- Own and maintain the application domain knowledge for Data Management applications, drive the team to maintain awareness of technology trends to ensure the delivery of best practices
- Mentor new members of the team
What you'll get in return
- Degree holder in an IT discipline or related field
- Strong analytical capability and problem-solving skills related to database performance and configuration (i.e. - database architecture design, Data Services, etc.)
- Minimum of 5 years of proven leadership and DBA experience in the financial services industry
- Expert level on Azure SQL Database / MS SQL Server
- Solid experience on Azure data related technologies
- Solid experience on Azure cloud, especially for data related services
- Competent delivering results through ownership & drive
- Proven ability to lead, motivate and develop a team
- The ability to think creatively and ensure services meets stakeholder needs and are fit for purpose.
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written
- Ability to gather, synthesise and analyse data and draw logical conclusions
- Fluent in Cantonese, English and Mandarin
In return for your dedication and hard work, you’ll be rewarded with:
What you need to do now
- Competitive Salary package
- Hybrid working policy
- Stable working environment
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or email it to Kelsey.firstname.lastname@example.org now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.