Your new company
Our client, a listed biotech company which operates cancer screening technology development business. The Company develops and sells colorectal cancer screening test products, gastric cancer screening test products, and other products.
They are dedicated to hire a Highly motivated bioinformatics scientist to join the R&D group. The new team member will lead key R&D activities of HK R&D Center in New to develop new tests for cancer screening in international regulated environments.
The position will contribute to development of software and bioinformatics analysis pipelines used to process patient samples and analyse their multi-omic profile. We are open for relocation from overseas candidates.
Your new role
- Develop software using C++ and Python in Unix based environment with focus on high performance, robustness and extensibility.
- Contribute to proto-typing, development, optimization and validation of bioinformatics analysis algorithms using C++, R and Python
- Provide written documentation and specifications of software products and services. Preferably in a regulated environment such as IVD or CLIA.
- Contribute to all aspects of software development in an agile environment including documentation, design, development, and testing of features and sub-systems.
- Work collaboratively with scientists to comprehend project objectives, analyze problems, and evaluate and provide informatics solutions.
What you'll need to succeed
- PhD. or MSc. in Computer Science or related field or equivalent experience
- 4+ years experience developing software in unix based environments using C++ and Python
- Demonstrated expert knowledge using object-oriented programming and design patterns in production environments
- Experience with developing software or data analysis algorithms in the field of Bioinformatics with familiarity to standard bioinformatics tools and file formats is strongly preferred
- Understanding of concepts like Next Generation Sequencing, Oncology, Liquid biopsies etc., is highly advantageous
- The following experience is not required but is highly desired: working with compute clusters (SGE, HPC, Mesos, etc), AWS
- Effective communicator with written and verbal fluency in English
- Self-motivated individual with ability to work well as part of a team in a rapid-pace startup environment
What you'll get in return
- Innovative project and technology
- Stable work environment and friendly cultural
- Competitive compensation package
What you need to do now
If you are interested in the above opportunity, please forward your latest resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or contact Flavia at +852 2230 7473 for more information. If this role isn't quite right for you, but you are looking to explore new opportunities in the life science sector, please contact Flavia for a confidential discussion about your options.