Your new company
Our client is a leading full-line securities company in Japan covering all client segments with a broad range of financial products and services through its international network.
Your new role
What you'll need to succeed
- Review, negotiate, draft and standardize legal documentation, transaction agreements in relation to M&A, equity and debt capital market instruments, fixed-income securities, as well as other commercial terms and contracts
- Provide legal advice and support to the business and product teams by identifying and managing various corporate, legal, and regulatory matters associated with secondary capital market transactions.
- Stay abreast of regulatory developments and identify potential compliance issues that impact the company's strategy and corporate initiatives
- Oversee relationships with outside counsel and legal services with instructions to advise and act on legal matters
- Liaise with Compliance and Company Secretarial teams in developing and maintaining corporate policies and procedures to eliminate the risk of non-compliance with applicable law and regulation requirements
What you need to do now
- Qualified solicitor in Hong Kong from 0 to 3 PQE from reputable law firms or financial institutions
- Solid knowledge or experience in securities regulations and general corporate legal matters
- Strong commercial acumen, diligent and detail-minded
- Excellent team player, good interpersonal and communication skills
- Good command of written and spoken English
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' or for further information and a confidential discussion on this role or to find out about more opportunities in the in-house legal space, please contact Adrian Lam at Hays on +852 2230 7432 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. #1244159