Assistant Compliance Manager (IT Audit experience is preferred)
- Established and Growing Global Insurer
- Well-structured and experienced team
- 3+ years of compliance/IT audit experience
Your new company
A globally established life insurance key player is looking for an influential compliance expert to join their team as an Assistant Compliance Manager.
Your new role
- Assist the Head of Department in managing potential risks in compliance area associated with digital and strategic initiatives within the Business Unit, ensuring strict adherence to applicable local and corporate compliance regulations.
What you’ll need to succeed
- Proficient in compliance/IT audit. Possesses a solid understanding of compliance monitoring principles
- Previous experience in legal, compliance, audit, or internal controls-related roles.
- Knowledgeable about Insurtech.
- Familiarity with regulatory requirements relevant to the insurance and/or pension industry.
- Holds a bachelor's degree with 3–5 years of experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Capable of working autonomously with minimal supervision.
- Proactive and a team player, fostering collaboration within the Compliance team and with business and regional counterparts.
- Possesses strong analytical abilities and exercises sound judgement.
- Demonstrates excellent interpersonal skills, enabling effective communication with multiple stakeholders.
- Thrives under pressure and can perform well in demanding environments.
- Fluent in spoken and written English, exhibiting exceptional writing skills.
- Communicates effectively across the organization and with regulators, adept at building cooperative relationships.
What you’ll get in return
- Collaborate with the Business Unit Compliance Officer and their delegate to implement a risk-based compliance plan for strategic initiatives and digital programs within the Group.
- Stay abreast of regulatory developments that may impact the organization's digital initiatives and facilitate necessary changes in alignment with the guidance.
- Foster close collaboration with local, regional, and corporate compliance teams to contribute to the development of a robust compliance framework for managing risks associated with strategic initiatives and digital programs.
- Provide support in implementing the corporate Compliance Risk Management Framework within the designated areas.
- Assist in managing Group’s Governance, Risk, and Compliance (GRC) tools and drive the transformation of Regulatory Compliance Management (RCM) under the supervisor's guidance.
- Support the supervisor in managing requests from regulatory bodies and maintain positive working relationships.
- Contribute to the review of Privacy Impact Assessments related to digital initiatives.
- Aid the supervisor in refining and implementing assurance monitoring activities, including the use of digital technologies such as Computer Assisted Audit Techniques (CAATs) and data analytics to assess key risk indicators and perform assurance testing.
- Assist the supervisor in preparing relevant compliance reports in adherence to Group’s corporate governance and management oversight requirements.
- Work alongside the local compliance team and assurance parties to develop a compliance monitoring program utilizing data analytics. Act as an advocate to help supervisor build proactive and detective data analytics tools for monitoring compliance risks.
What you need to do now
If you are interested in the above opportunity, click “apply now” to forward your CV. If you are interested in other Compliance roles within insurance, please contact Karrie Wong at email@example.com