Companies’ stepped-up efforts to enhance business efficiency will usher in a high demand for supply chain professionals in Hong Kong.
According to recruiting experts’ Hays, candidates who are proficient in costing saving will be actively targeted by employers as they are well versed in optimising business processes.
“Nearly all organisations are looking to create efficiencies in their supply chain system which has created a number of roles”, says Dean Stallard, Regional Director for Hays in Hong Kong. “We expect to see strong hiring of candidates with experience of process improvement and optimisation.”
In its latest Quarterly Reports for October to December 2016, Hays finds that the need for candidates in traditional operational roles is decreasing due to a fast-changing commercial landscape.
“The buoyant growth of e-commerce and the constant penetration of digitalised management systems is heightening requirements for supply chain candidates who are generally more creative in fine-tuning business processes”, says Dean. “Those candidates who understand digital technologies will easily stand out.”
Hays’ says that demand for specialists in order fulfilment is rising with strong hiring expected to occur in this quarter.
“In a competitive commercial market, employers are increasingly looking for managers who can ensure delivery of their products to customers in the most efficient manner”, says Dean. “Those candidates with a proven track record will receive multiple offers from employers in this quarter.”
In terms of candidate trends, Hays’ says that capable supply chain managers are fully aware of their value and will feel comfortable in viewing more opportunities before making decisions to move.
“As employers need them to add value to their existing businesses, high-skilled professionals understand they can expect higher salaries”, says Dean. “Candidates with strong analytical or planning skills will be interested to learn more about forthcoming opportunities because the strong hiring demand will continue.” As a result, “employers should quicken their hiring processes to secure proper candidates in this competitive market.”
To read the full Hays Quarterly Report, including candidate and employer trends and future issues, please visit http://www.hays.hk/en/report/index.htm
Hays, the world’s leading recruiting experts in qualified, professional and skilled people.
Hays is located in Hong Kong at 6604-06, 66/F, ICC, 1 Austin Road West, West Kowloon, Hong Kong.
- Ends -
Hays plc (the "Group") is a leading global professional recruiting group. The Group is the expert at recruiting qualified, professional and skilled people worldwide, being the market leader in the UK and Asia Pacific and one of the market leaders in Continental Europe and Latin America. The Group operates across the private and public sectors, dealing in permanent positions, contract roles and temporary assignments. As at 30 June 2016 the Group employed 9,214 staff operating from 252 offices in 33 countries across 20 specialisms. For the year ended 30 June 2016:
– the Group reported net fees of £810.3 million and operating profit (pre-exceptional items) of £181 million;
– the Group placed around 67,000 candidates into permanent jobs and around 220,000 people into temporary assignments;
– 22% of Group net fees were generated in Asia Pacific, 45% in Continental Europe & RoW (CERoW) and 33% in the United Kingdom & Ireland;
– the temporary placement business represented 58% of net fees and the permanent placement business represented 42% of net fees;
– Hays operates in the following countries: Australia, Austria, Belgium, Brazil, Canada, Colombia, Chile, China, the Czech Republic, Denmark, France, Germany, Hong Kong, Hungary, India, Ireland, Italy, Japan, Luxembourg, Malaysia, Mexico, the Netherlands, New Zealand, Poland, Portugal, Russia, Singapore, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, UAE, the UK and the USA.