If you plan on entering the jobs market you need to build and manage your online profile by being smart and careful, according to recruiting experts Hays in Hong Kong.
Hays’ advice to build a positive online profile:
- Use social media as a showcase for your expertise and achievements;
- Be social and connect with companies, recruiters and industry leaders;
- Be engaged by joining discussions and industry groups and post links to interesting articles;
- Add contacts and accomplishments regularly, not just when job hunting;
- Look the part: choose a recent and professional profile photo;
- Stay up-to-date by searching online and deleting any old accounts or information.
- Think about what you share and where. If it’s something you wouldn’t want a new employer to see, don’t post it;
- Consider creating separate personal and professional accounts;
- Make sure your online profile and offline CV match;
- If you can’t always be professional, adjust your security settings so only your private network can see your personal information;
- Check privacy settings regularly so you know what’s going public in your name;
- Always keep your current employer’s social media policy in mind.
For further information please contact Lucy Sharp, Regional Marketing Manager of Hays, on +61 2 8226 9885 or email@example.com